This class is not eligible for continuing education credits.
Course Schedule: This is a 16 hour class that will run over 2 days:
- Day 1: Wednesday, July 6, 2022 (8am-5pm)
- Day 2: Wednesday, July 20, 2022 (8am-5pm)
Course Description: Transitioning from skilled craft-worker to supervisor requires new skills and gaining a management perspective. This 2-day course covers basic leadership skills and explains different leadership styles, communication, delegating, and problem solving. Job site safety and the crew leader’s role in safety are discussed, as well as project planning, scheduling, and estimating. Participants will have the opportunity to perform tasks to assist the learning process. Course topics include:
- Project Planning
- Project Control
- Basic skills required for supervising personnel
Students who successfully fulfill the requirements of the Fundamentals of Crew Leadership course will receive a Certificate of Completion from CITC and NCCER.
Cost: Tuition for this course is $495.
- Cost includes the NCCER Fundamentals of Crew Leadership manual.
- Training Agent Credit: Journey-level workers employed by one of CITC’s Training Agents may be eligible to utilize training credits to pay for partial or full tuition. Please contact Ana Davenport at [email protected] or 425-285-2334 to see if you qualify.
Course Location: CITC Bellevue, 1930 116th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004
Course Instructor: Pete Chartrand is a graduate of CITC. Pete started in the HVAC trade in 1992 as a CITC apprentice. Pete earned HVAC Student of the Year honors in 1997; became a CITC faculty member in 2007; and was awarded CITC’s Instructor of the Year for the 2021-2022 school year.
COVID-19 SCREENING: CITC operates facilities in compliance with CDC and WA State recommended public health guidelines. Those authorized to enter CITC facilities may be required to complete CITC’s screening process which includes an online questionnaire.