BEFORE YOU REGISTER FOR VIRTUAL CLASSES, PLEASE READ THROUGH THE FOLLOWING PRE-REQUISITES:
- Students attending class virtually are required to have a computer, laptop or tablet with a working camera and microphone, and reliable internet – a smartphone is not acceptable for virtual classes.
- If you do not have access to all of the requirements listed in #1 above, you will not be able to attend class. Your instructor is required to ask you to leave the class if they are not able to see and hear you. This is a state requirement in order to run classes virtually, there are no exceptions to this rule.
- All virtual classes will be run through Microsoft Teams, which is a free application that can be opened within your internet browser. We suggest downloading the application ahead of time, creating an account and logging in to ensure functionality before class begins.
- Please make sure that STUDENT EMAIL entered when registering for class is the email the participating student will use to create their Microsoft Teams account. CITC is not responsible for students unable to join class because the incorrect email address was provided at the time of enrollment.
- This is a VIRTUAL 8-hour class. Upon receipt of your enrollment, CITC will review your enrollment and send a confirmation with a link and calendar reminder to join the class.
CLASS DATE AND TIME
- Tuesday, July 27 & Thursday, July 29, 2021
- Please “Join” class 10-15 minutes early to check in
- Students are required to attend both sessions to receive credit – if you miss either session, you will not receive any credit for the class. If you enter class late or leave class early for any reason, you will not receive credit for the class.
- We recommend seeking a comfortable and quiet space ahead of time where you won’t be disrupted with outside or background distractions.
This course will provide students with a thorough understanding of the revisions from the 2017 to the 2020 NEC Code Book. Participants will learn how to use the NEC to solve code questions and gain a clear understanding of how to utilize the NEC code book. Supplemental handouts included in cost of course.
Continuing Education Credit
This course has been approved by Washington State Labor & Industries for:
- Electrical Trainees
- 8 hours Basic Classroom Training
- Course # WA2020-262
- Journey-level Electricians
- 8 hours NEC Code Update
- Course # WA2020-267
This course has been approved by State of Idaho Division of Building Safety for Electricians.
- 8 hours Code Update
- Course #: 20-707945
- 2020 NEC Code Book (optional)