This class will run virtually through Microsoft Teams, which is a free application that can be opened within your internet browser or downloaded to your desktop.
March 10, 2021 – June 16, 2021
15 Class meetings, Wednesday Evenings
4:30PM to 8:30PM
Field supervisors play a major role in every construction company and every construction project. They are the frontline managers on the job, directly supervising workers and other field supervisors. They are both the engine and the anchor of the construction team, driving it toward effectiveness and efficiency, and stabilizing it with consistency and good judgment. To fill this role, field supervisors need more than experience in the field. They also need management skills in problem solving, planning, estimating, safety supervision, scheduling, controlling costs and resources, and, perhaps most important, managing people.
Project Supervision is a comprehensive, competency-based program that gives both veteran and new field managers a step-by-step approach to honing their natural abilities, developing essential skills, and generally improving their performance as leaders.
This 60 hour course covers 8 NCCER modules, including: Orientation to the Job; Human Relations and Problem Solving; Safety; Quality Control; Contract and Construction Documents; Document Control and Estimating; Planning and Scheduling and Resource Control and Cost Awareness.
Students who successfully fulfill the requirements of the Project Supervision course will receive a Certificate of Completion from CITC and NCCER.
Mark Knudson started in the trade in 1975 and became a CITC faculty member in 1998, earning the title of CITC Instructor of the Year in 1999 and 2008. Mark is an NCCER Subject Matter Expert and was named the 2008 AGC National Instructor of the Year.
- Tuition for this course is $1,075.
- Tuition includes the NCCER Project Supervision manual, which will be sent to you via mail.
- CITC Training Partners may receive a discount on tuition (please contact CITC at 877-238-8646 for more information)
BEFORE YOU REGISTER FOR VIRTUAL CLASSES, PLEASE READ THROUGH THE FOLLOWING PRE-REQUISITES:
- Students attending class virtually are required to have a computer, laptop or tablet with a working camera and microphone, and reliable internet – a smartphone is not acceptable for virtual classes.
- Students will be required to be visible throughout the entirety of class to ensure attendance and participation. Students who are not visible on camera will be removed from class.
- Students will be required to participate in class discussions.
- Please make sure that the email address you use to register for class is the same email address you use to create your Microsoft Teams account. CITC is not responsible for students unable to join class because the incorrect email address was provided at the time of enrollment. If you are enrolling another student through your account, please add the student’s email to the “Notes” portion of the registration form.