Class Dates & Times:
- Day 1: Tuesday, July 23, 2019: 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Day 2: Wednesday, July 24, 2019: 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Day 3: Thursday, July 25, 2019: 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Day 4: Friday, July 26, 2019: 8:00am – 5:00pm
This course requires a minimum of 10 students to run. If minimum requirements are not met, a full refund will be issued to all students who have enrolled in class.
Location: CITC Bellevue, 1930 116th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004
Instructor: Dave Mohile
Course Description: Medical Gas Systems are an assembly of equipment and piping for the distribution of nonflammable medical gases such as oxygen, nitrous oxide, compressed air, carbon dioxide, and helium. Medical gas systems are used in hospitals, surgery centers, physician and dental offices, clinics, and nursing homes. If not properly installed, patients are at risk of contamination, fire, explosion, cross-connected pipelines, and other problems that can result in injury or death. Standards have been developed to protect patients and the personnel responsible for patient care, and most states require installers to be certified in the installation of medical gas systems.
This course provides four days of intense training on medical gas pipeline equipment, such as proper alarm and valve placement, compressors, vacuum pumps and manifolds. NFPA 99 requirements are also covered, including types of facilities and requirements, medical gas source equipment, piping, testing and certification requirements for medical gas equipment. A written exam and brazing practical with samples evaluated by an independent Certified Welding Instructor (CWI) conclude the training.
Certification and Continuing Education Credit:
- QB-484 brazing qualification
- Documentation certifying student as a state-approved medical gas installer
- 12 hours of Plumbing Code Update Continuing Education for Washington State Plumbing Trainees and Journey-level Plumbers.
- Course number: WA2016-354
- NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code, 2012 Edition (included in cost of course)
- 3’ or 4’ of 1-½” ‘L’ copper tubing (uncleaned)
- 6 to 8 1-½” wrought couplings with stops
- 1-lb of 5% silver solder
- Pencils, paper for notes, and a colored highlighter
- Due to limited availability, no refunds or transfers will be issued for students who do not show to this class. No exceptions.
- If class is cancelled by CITC, a full refund will be issued to all students.