Dates: Friday, February 22 – Sunday, February 24, 2019
This comprehensive 3-day course prepares participants to take the Electrical Journeyman Exam for the State of Washington. RCW/WAC Rules and other supplemental handouts included in cost of course.
- Due to limited availability, no refunds or transfers will be issued for students who do not show to this class. No exceptions.
This course is formatted to reflect the current testing modules and includes the following topics:
- Requirements of the National Electric Code
- Analysis of Washington State Rules & Regulations
- Electrical Theory and Application
- Ohm’s Law and its uses
- Common electrical formulas and calculations
- Techniques for solving basic load calculations for residential and commercial structures
- Methods and strategies for taking the state exam
- Practice exams covering code, theory, RCW/WAC’s and calculations
All participants will receive the following copyrighted material, which can be brought into the exam:
- 3-ring binder with over 500 pages of useful information, examples, practice exams and calculation forms
- Bound copy of the current RCW/WACs
- Over 1,000 practice questions with a thorough review of answers
- Supplemental handouts, diagrams, examples and worksheets
Completion of this course does not guarantee a passing score on the licensing exam.
Continuing Education Credit
This course has been approved by Washington State for Electrical Trainees and Journey-level Electricians
- Electrical Trainees: 24 hours of Basic Classroom Training
- Day 1: WA2017-479
- Day 2: WA2017-594 (AM) & WA2017-711 (PM)
- Day 3: WA2017-480
- Journey Level Electricians 24 hours including 16 hours of NEC Code, 4 hours of RCW/WAC Update and 4 hours of Industry Related
- Day 1: WA2017-481
- Day 2: WA2017-592 (AM) & WA2017-711(PM)
- Day 3: WA2017-482
Class Dates & Times
- Day 1: Friday, February 22: 8AM-5PM
- Day 2: Saturday, February 23: 8AM-5PM
- Day 3: Sunday, February 24: 8AM-5PM
- 2017 NEC Code Book
- Scientific Non-Programmable Calculator
- Calculator must have the ability to perform various mathematical calculations.
- Mobile devices are not allowed during class time and are not allowed for use during State Exams.
- NEC Keyword Index (i.e. Tom Henry Key Word Index or Ferm’s Fast Finder)
- Recommended/Not Required: Key Term Index for the 2017 RCW/WAC (by Paul Briganti)
- Highlighters, Paper, Pen/Pencil
Contact Washington Labor and Industries Electrical Program: 360.902.5269