Dates: Saturday, March 24 – Monday, March 26, 2018.
This comprehensive 3-day course prepares participants to take the Electrical Administrator or Master Electrician Exam for the State of Washington. RCW/WAC Rules and other supplemental handouts included in cost of course.
Due to limited availability, no refunds or transfers will be issued for students who do not show to this class. No exceptions.
This course is formatted to reflect the current testing modules and includes the following topics:
- Requirements of the National Electric Code
- Analysis of Washington State Rules & Regulations
- Electrical Theory and Application
- Ohm’s Law and its uses
- Common electrical formulas and calculations
- Techniques for solving basic load calculations for residential and commercial structures
- Methods and strategies for taking the state exam
- Practice exams covering code, theory, RCW/WAC’s and calculations.
All participants will receive the following copyrighted material, which can be brought into the exam:
- 3-ring binder with over 500 pages of useful information, examples, practice exams and calculation forms
- Bound copy of the current RCW/WACs
- Over 1,000 practice questions with a thorough review of answers
- Supplemental handouts, diagrams, examples and worksheets
Completion of this course does not guarantee a passing score on the licensing exam.
Continuing Education Credit
This course has been approved by Washington State for Electrical Trainees and Journey-level Electricians
- Electrical Trainees: 24 hours of Basic Classroom Training
- Day 1: WA2017-479
- Day 2: WA2017-594 (AM) & WA2017-711 (PM)
- Day 3: WA2017-480
- Journey Level Electricians 24 hours including 16 hours of NEC Code, 4 hours of RCW/WAC Update and 4 hours of Industry Related
- Day 1: WA2017-481
- Day 2: WA2017-592 (AM) & WA2017-711 (PM)
- Day 3: WA2017-595
Class Dates & Times
- Day 1: Sat, March 24: 8AM-5PM
- Day 2: Sun, March 25: 8AM-5PM
- Day 3: Mon, March 26: 8AM-5PM
- 2014 NEC Code Book
- Per Washington State L&I, all electrical examinations will be based on the 2014 edition of the NEC until the exams are revised in 2018. CITC will continue to teach this course based on the 2014 NEC until further notice.
- Scientific Non-Programmable Calculator
- Calculator must have the ability to perform various mathematical calculations.
- Mobile devices are not allowed during class time and are not allowed for use during State Exams.
- Keyword Index (i.e. Tom Henry Key Word Index or Ferm’s Fast Finder)
- Highlighters, Paper, Pen/Pencil
Contact Washington Labor and Industries Electrical Program: 360.902.5269