This 2-day Calculations Review will provide focused training and practice calculation sessions with instructor Jim Bosshart. This course is intended for students preparing for the Washington State Administrator or Master Exam, or those who are struggling with understanding how to perform electrical calculations. Everyone in attendance will be expected to practice and perform calculations throughout the class – students who show up without the required materials, or those who do not participate in the exercises, will be asked to leave. Supplemental handouts included in cost of course.
- This class should not be attended by students who are simply attempting to fulfill continuing education requirements.
- Enrollment is limited for this class in order to allow students more individual attention.
- Students will be guided through a basic understanding of common electrical formulas and calculations; techniques for solving basic load calculations for residential and commercial structures; and methods and strategies for taking the exam.
- Topics covered include:
- Commercial Tables
- Conductor Ampacity Tables
- Dwelling Unit Load Calculations and Demand Factors
- Full Load Motor Current Tables
- Ohms and Power Law Formulas
- Overcurrent Protection Selection
Continuing Education Credit
This course has been approved by Washington State for Electricians and Electrical Trainees.
- Electrical Trainees
- Day 1: 8 hours Basic Classroom Training, Course #: WA2019-203
- Day 2: 8 hours Basic Classroom Training, Course #: WA2019-336
- Journey-level Electricians
- Day 1: 8 hours Industry Related, Course #: WA2019-203
- Day 2: 8 hours Industry Related, Course #: WA2019-336
- 8:00AM – 5:00PM
- 2020 NEC Code Book