Online Course Instructions
CITC’s Online Courses are set up as a series of LESSONS, each followed by a LESSON QUIZ which consists of anywhere from 2 to 10 multiple choice questions per Lesson.
The subject matter found within the Lessons are composed of selected articles pulled directly from the currently adopted editions of the National Electric Code, Uniform Plumbing Code, Washington State RCW/WACs, and other material provided by the developer, which focuses on the content that you may come across within the Lesson Quizzes.
- To begin, click on the name of the first Lesson in your online course. Review the content, then click on the button at the end of the Lesson that says VIEW LESSON QUIZ.
- Answer each of the questions to the best of your ability. When you’ve answered all of the questions, click on the SUBMIT button. You will immediately be able to view whether you correctly answered the questions.
- If you do not know an answer and want to skip it and come back later, you must click on the SAVE button at the bottom of the quiz.
- If you do not answer a question and click SUBMIT, it will score that question as incorrect.
- If you need to review the content in the Lesson before answering questions, click the SAVE button, and then click on the RETURN TO COURSE PAGE button to go back to the main course page.
- Once you have completed a Lesson Quiz and clicked SUBMIT, you can either click on the NEXT LESSON button to proceed directly to the next lesson, or click on RETURN TO COURSE PAGE to return to the main page, and then click on the next Lesson available.
- As you complete each Lesson Quiz, the color of the circle next to the Lesson (on this main course page) will change to a solid green, indicating that it is complete.
- Students must receive a final cumulative score of 75% (electrical) or 70% (plumbing) to pass an online course.
- If you fail, you may restart the course and re-take it as many times as necessary in order to pass.
- No one is notified of failed courses except the student taking the online course. CITC is only notified when a course has been successfully completed.
- Students have unlimited attempts with a 1 year period to achieve a passing score.
- You do not need to complete the entire course in one sitting. Answer as many questions as you’d like, and take breaks when needed. Just remember to click SAVE if you are in the middle of a Lesson Quiz!
- Once you have successfully passed an online course, you will receive an email notification – hold on to this just in case! You will also have the ability to download a certificate of completion for your records.
- CITC will also receive a notification when you pass your online course, and will report your hours to L&I directly the following business day.
Throughout the course, if you have questions related to the content, or your answer to questions, you can click on the CONTACT THE INSTRUCTOR button at the top of the page.
- Your question will be sent to the CEU Department at CITC, who monitor questions and then forward them to the appropriate party. If your question is in-depth and needs the instructor to respond, please allow 3-5 days for a response. We encourage you to continue with your course as you await a reply, unless you are unable to proceed without a response.
- Please limit your questions to related content. This option is not intended to file complaints.
- CITC’s CEU Department is available Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm to assist you. You can reach them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free at 877-238-8646.