CEU Instructors Wanted!
The Construction Industry Training Council (CITC) is actively seeking Continuing Education instructors who are interested in teaching in-person classroom courses on a part time or on-call/substitute rotation at our facilities in Bellevue, Marysville, Pasco and Spokane.
- Weekdays: Monday through Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
- Weekends: Saturday and Sunday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM (limited availability in Bellevue)
- Evenings: Any combination of 2 evenings/week, 5:00PM-9:00PM (start time flexible)
- Use CITC training materials to instruct 8-hour continuing education courses following CITC and Washington State mandated rules and policies
- Instructors will have the ability to choose the topics they teach, and will be provided with a core set of instructor materials which includes a course outline and PowerPoint presentation, but should be willing and prepared to expand on the content provided with their own knowledge and experience, in addition to encouraging in-class discussions with students.
- Prepare for and teach all required materials for contracted time
- Create a positive and welcoming learning environment with students from a variety of electrical specialties
- Encourage class discussion and participation
- Assigning, reviewing and grading in-class exams
- Promptly submit all course paperwork, tests and evaluations
- Follow CITC’s State-Mandated safety protocols, which includes wearing appropriate face coverings, maintaining social distancing, and oversight of all protocols in your classroom. Instructors may be asked to perform a screening process for their students prior to entering the facility which includes no-touch temperature checks.
- Current Washington State Electrical License (Journeyman, Administrator, Master)
- Highly knowledgeable in Electrical Theory, Code (NEC) and State Rules (RCW/WAC’s)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be dependable, punctual and adaptable
- Reliable laptop and knowledge in use of PowerPoint
Recommended, Not Required:
- Referral from a current Continuing Education Instructor
- Prior teaching or leadership experience
- Competitive hourly wage, paid at the end of each month
- Instructors receive appropriate continuing education credit for each class taught
- Please send a resume and brief cover letter via email to email@example.com or mail to: CITC, Attn: Ana Davenport, 1930 116th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004.