- On April 28, 2020
- By Ana Davenport
FAQ FOR ELECTRICAL TRAINEES
Tuesday, April 28, 2020: If you are an Electrical Trainee who needs continuing education to renew your Electrical Trainee card, you are probably asking yourself “What do I now?” Below are some quick answers to your questions. Note: This information is subject to change if new policies are released by either L&I or the office of the Governor. Please check back for updates!
Can I take my classes online?
No. WAC296-46B-970(4)(c)(ii)(D) states that all Electrical Trainees must complete their continuing education in an in-person classroom setting. No online, correspondence or video conferencing classes are allowed at this time.
My Electrical Trainee card is coming up for renewal and I don’t have enough hours to renew. What do I do?
L&I released a statement in their April Electrical Currents Newlsetter [click here to read]. To sum up this information:
- All in-person CEU classes required for Electrical Trainees fall under the school closures announced by Governor Inslee on March 13.
- Electrical Trainees with an expiration date on or after March 13 will not be able to complete their required CEUs while schools are closed, so they may request an extension of their license for up to 60 days so that you may continue working.
- This extension is only valid for Electrical Trainees who were Active as of March 13.
- Once schools reopen, Electrical Trainees will be required to complete the remainder of their required CEUs.
- Electrical Trainees requesting an extension must renew their certificates by paying the usual renewal fee. You can do this online at https://lni.wa.gov/licensing-permits/electrical/electrical-licensing-exams-education/electrical-trainee#renew
- For more information, contact L&I’s Electrical Department via email at ElectricalProgram@Lni.wa.gov or 360-902-5269.
When will you be offering in-person classes again?
CITC will resume in-person classroom courses in mid-July. The schedule should be available to view and register for classes on June 1, 2020.
I was registered for a class that was cancelled due to COVID 19. What do I do now?
If you are an Electrical Trainee who was registered for a class that was cancelled due to the stay-in-place order, you have 2 options available at this time. You can retain a credit on your account which can be used to transfer to an upcoming course once the new schedule is released, or you may request a refund. There are no penalties or fees associated with either option. Please contact CITC at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on either of these options.
I need help. How do I contact someone at CITC?
The CEU Department can be contacted via email at email@example.com or toll-free at 877-238-8646. Please note that while the stay-in-place order is still active, staff members are working remotely and therefore email correspondence will likely receive the quickest reply.